Forum Update - HOW TO SIGN IN! + NEW FEATURES

The_budweiser

I spoke to Selij, and we decided VBulletin was very slow and buggy. We decided to give Invision a try.

The site is a complete mess just now, but rather than keeping it closed while we update it, I decided to open it and let you guys look around.

Any issues you run into, please post here.

DUE TO MOVING TO A NEW FORUM YOU WILL HAVE TO REQUEST A NEW PASSWORD. TOP RIGHT CLICK SIGN IN THEN PASSWORD RECOVERY. IF YOU NEED MORE HELP EMAIL US AT RINGNEWS24 AT RINGNEWS24.COM AND WE CAN ISSUE YOU WITH A NEW PASSWORD

Edited by The_budweiser
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• The_budweiser changed the title to Forum Update - HOW TO SIGN IN!

Auto embed videos is enabled on the forum.

Links from the following sites are supported: College Humor, Coub, Dailymotion, Facebook, Flickr, Funny Or Die, Gfycat, Google Maps, Hulu, Instagram, ReverbNation, Screencast.com, SmugMug, SoundCloud, Spotify, TED, Twitter, Ustream, Vimeo, Vine, Wistia, YouTube, and internal links to content within the community.

• Like 1

• The_budweiser changed the title to Forum Update - HOW TO SIGN IN! + NEW FEATURES

DARK MODE

@selij Suggested a dark theme. Rather than paying for a new theme and then a 6 month fee which invision do with the majority of there plugins, I found this free plug-in.

When you log-in it may be set to dark, you will have to switch to light or dark (switch image)

Its default colours, I've not had a chance to look at changing the colours but It'll do for now until we get used to the new forum more.

dark mode.png

When I'm in dark mode and navigate the forum, everything seems fine.

When I'm in light mode and navigate the forum, the dark them flashes up for a second.

I've asked the maker of this plug-in for help. Hopefully this small issue will be fixed soon.

Edited by The_budweiser
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2022 at 1:31 PM, Ledhed1 said:

I'm trying to send a PM and get the message "you're limited to sending zero messages per minute." ZERO. Any help? Thanks, guys.

Anyone else having trouble sending PM's? As it is this is the only way I can communicate with people. Posting in the forum. If there's an issue with my account, can one of the higher-ups look into it? Thanks, guys.

3 hours ago, Bear Hugger said:

I've just tried to send you a test PM. I can't send PMs either.

I've had a quick check, and it's an old thread, but it might still be relevant.

Link

Thanks for the reply, Bear. Yea I think a few of us had the full inbox issue at the start. Emptying it out did the trick.  This seems to be something else. The message I get now is "You are only allowed to send 0 messages per minute". Hopefully someone can shed some light on this one. Thanks again!

• 2 months later...

Guess I'll raise this issue one more time. Is it intentional that we can't send PM's? Or is the issue with me? I click on Message and this pops up "You are only allowed to send 0 messages per minute. Please try again later." It's been this way for months.

I'll add this. I've got some information that would help the uploaders create more events. I'd only share the info via PM. So there's that. Otherwise I can post .m3u8 links in the videos thread and leave it at that.

Thanks guys.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 3/25/2024 at 3:32 PM, LondonRingRules said:

--- Want to change my password, but don't know the original as it was just a link Bud sent me...help!!!

see PM mate, and / or hit me up in the Chatbox during UK hours

Edited by selij
  • Thanks 1