Don King vs Frank Warren in a HOF Squabble Now

LondonRingRules

Only Don King I'd venture to say. Shocking may be how Frank put himself in this position by failing to get all obligations in writing. Dubois has got to question how he can possibly continue with this boob of a promoter if this situation is not resolved to his satisfaction, and quick.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Daniel Dubois’ lawsuit against Don King should be settled today with the legendary promoter set to pay the British heavyweight a purse of nearly £400,000.

Dubois sued Don King Productions earlier this month, alleging that he had not been paid for his victory over Trevor Bryan in June.

It seemed a messy legal battle lay ahead but on Monday, King sent Dubois $319,561 (around £270,000) via his legal team.

A further payment of $134,700 (£114,000) is due to be paid on Tuesday at which point, Dubois’ lawyer Leon Margules told Sportsmail: ‘That will close it up, then I will dismiss the case.’

The British heavyweight, 24, captured the WBA ‘regular’ title with a fourth-round knockout of Bryan in Florida, on a show promoted by King.

King, who turned 91 last week, paid more than $3million to promote the event.

Dubois had been slated to earn $1.4million for the fight and he was said to be suing for between $938,274.32 (£773,000) and $463,274.32 (£382,000).

That disparity was down to uncertainty over whether 30 per cent of the purse ($420,000) had been paid to the IRS.

Once Dubois’ legal team confirmed that the taxman – and the WBA – had received their fees, a purse of $454,000 was agreed.

• Like 2

@WSMFC64 We got a Ringnews24 press release with an open letter to Frank Warren (https://www.ringnews24.com/2022/08/16/don-kings-open-letter-to-frank-warren-you-owed-me-200000-dollars). It's crazy as I remember it was only a few months ago I watched a video of Don King and he was saying how Frank Warren was a good friend of his and was bigging up their working relationship. Now its like he's done a complete 360.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, The_budweiser said:

@WSMFC64 We got a Ringnews24 press release with an open letter to Frank Warren (https://www.ringnews24.com/2022/08/16/don-kings-open-letter-to-frank-warren-you-owed-me-200000-dollars). It's crazy as I remember it was only a few months ago I watched a video of Don King and he was saying how Frank Warren was a good friend of his and was bigging up their working relationship. Now its like he's done a complete 360.

- - "No honor among thieves"...Billy Shakes?

• Like 2

Evidence Provided; New twist in Don King’s Dispute with Frank Warren

Boxing Promoter Don King on the dispute with Frank Warren and Queensberry Promotions:

For two months DKP has been requesting bank wire instructions for Queensberry Promotions in order to pay Daniel Dubois’s purse. Yet, never received them.

The pretender Frank Warren spoke to IFLTV in the UK, “Frank Warren wants to make clear that none of that dispute should involve him.” And more importantly, Warren says King is trying to distract from having to pay Dubois what he’s owed.”

https://www.ringnews24.com/2022/08/24/evidence-provided-new-twist-in-don-kings-dispute-with-frank-warren/

-----

Don King shares evidence of agreement and bank transfer in the above link.

• Like 1