Is there big fights out there for Chisora?

The_budweiser

Do you agree? Is there big fights out there for Chisora?

Chisora: "there are a lot big fights out there for me, and I’m ready to fight anyone.’’

----

Dereck Chisora (25-6, 17 KOs) returns to the ring on September 10 with an eight-round contest against Drazan Janjanin (13-7, 12 KOs) at the Hovet in Stockholm.

The former British, Commonwealth and European Champion is the latest addition to a stacked card in the Swedish capital topped by the female grudge match between domestic rivals Mikaela Laurén and Klara Svensson.

Chisora missed out on a second reign as European Champion in May, losing via split decision to Pulev, but having regrouped, the British boxer and his team will attempt to launch another title assault, starting with a keep-busy contest against the big punching Bosnian Janjanin.

Page not found - - Boxing News - Ring News24

Re: Is there big fights out there for Chisora?

Do you agree? Is there big fights out there for Chisora?

No I dont - and its ARE there big fights out there.....................

Unless he gets a job as a bouncer, might be a few good fights for him then.

Derek could always let Haye beat him up again.

Then again, that would currently be a pretty big step up for Haye, so pretty unlikely. :laugh:

Well, plenty of other guys Chisora can spit on. He could avoid working at Wallmart for at least another 5 years.

Let's just hope these fights aren't televised.

Edited by Cableaddict

I was with you all the way until you missed two apostrophes:faint:

Youse guys is funnier than Chisora's career & David Haye's comeback combined.

"Is you is, or is you 'aint my baby? Is you is or 'aint my baby now? .......... "

Youse guys is funnier than Chisora's career & David Haye's comeback combined.

"Is you is, or is you 'aint my baby? Is you is or 'aint my baby now? .......... "

I want you to know I view this as an assassination attempt.

Personally I can't see any big fights out there for Chisora especially when hes fighting the likes of Drazan Janjanin (13-7-0). Chisora needs a favour from a current champ who sees him as an easy payday because I can't see him getting himself into a mandatory position.

I googled the heavyweight rankings for Chisora:

WBC: 15th

WBA: n/a

IBF: 11th

WBO: n/a

Chisora is sort of a journeyman now. Every time he step up, he loses. I would like to see Chisora vs Dillian Whyte - make the fight happen!

Well, previously I'd have been sure that Whyte will win such fight, but after Allen it may be 50/50. Of course such fight would be the best for Chisora to get some attention back.

The question was BIG fights ;-)

Dillian Whyte fight in December- an intriguing fight. Will tell us a lot about both men and where they are. Be a good payday for both and then the winner can move onto bigger things.

Talk is of a Heavyweight bill in Cardiff - Joshua vs Pulev, Parker vs Price and Whyte vs Chisora. I, for one, will take that :)

Dillian Whyte fight in December- an intriguing fight. Will tell us a lot about both men and where they are. Be a good payday for both and then the winner can move onto bigger things.

Talk is of a Heavyweight bill in Cardiff - Joshua vs Pulev, Parker vs Price and Whyte vs Chisora. I, for one, will take that :)

Not bad at all, and a very smart way to advertise what comes next.

Five quid says at least one and probably two of those three matches don't take place on that card - it's far too good.

I wouldn't take that bet. Sounds like Pulev ain't keen. More chance of the other fights.

Well, the other two would make for a solid card(although I'm not sure why Price keeps going for punchers), but Joshua vs any of the three candidates Hearn mentioned would be great.

• 2 months later...

Well none outta three ain't bad from the son of the People's Promoter!

I can't be held responsible for things not happening. But, I try to keep the people upto date with the talk. One day it will pay-off - til then I will strive to that goal. World War Three ain't happened either.

I can't be held responsible for things not happening. But, I try to keep the people upto date with the talk. One day it will pay-off - til then I will strive to that goal. World War Three ain't happened either.

I wasn't holding you responsible, merely lamenting the fact three decent fights had seemingly all been passed over. As always, I blame Hearn. Though Whyte-Chisora is one outta three.

Whyte vs Chisora is now on the undercard of Joshua vs Molina on December 10th at Manchester Arena. 50/50 fight to me.

That's an interesting fight, if somewhat meaningless. One guy who has lots of raw talent but seemingly almost no ambition or drive, and another guy who never had much of anything BUT ambition & drive.