David Haye starts petition to get Britain to give Ali a Knighthood

The_budweiser

02 Arena: Celebrate the life of Muhammad Ali

Opening on Friday 4th March 2016

Tickets On Sale Now

I AM THE GREATEST, an exhibition showcasing the extraordinary life and career of the world’s most famous heavyweight boxer, Muhammad Ali, opens at The O2 in London on Friday 4th March and will run until 31 August. Tickets are on sale now.

Petition

David Haye petition: https://www.change.org/p/david-cameron-mp-give-muhammed-ali-an-honorary-british-knighthood-now

David Haye believes that Great Britiain should give an Honorary Knighthood to Muhammad Ali.

“Ali is a genuine hero, one of the greatest sportsmen ever known, a great human being who has campaigned against poverty and discrimination and for young people and the sick throughout his life, and in particular here in Great Britain.”

Page not found - - Boxing News - Ring News24

Re: David Haye starts petition to get Britain to give Ali a Knighthood

Honoring Muhammad Ali this way does really worth it. Like David Haye mentioned, Ali would be the first Muslim Knight. Haye knows about this feeling after he was honored with a doctorate six years ago. I would second the former heavyweight champion on this petition.

Haye wants to petition himself to get an active career again. As brilliant as Ali was - and I love him to bits, one of my all time faves - he has done absolutely fuck all to deserve a knighthood in this country. A couple of brief whistle stop tours around a few London ghettos isn't knighthood material. Although he should have got a bafta for his appearances on the Michael Parkinson show.

Haye wants to petition himself to get an active career again. As brilliant as Ali was - and I love him to bits, one of my all time faves - he has done absolutely fuck all to deserve a knighthood in this country. A couple of brief whistle stop tours around a few London ghettos isn't knighthood material. Although he should have got a bafta for his appearances on the Michael Parkinson show.

Is that a requirement though? Pele got one for being Brazil's minister of sports, not specifically a british service.

Is that a requirement though? Pele got one for being Brazil's minister of sports, not specifically a british service.

They should be special to the UK if they are not nationals. Steven Spielberg got one for contributing to the international film scene for example.

It doesn't have to get to that, I think Britain should have done that a long time ago, "the world's most famous" that alone is enough to qualify him. Then he's all round contribution to the sport, one of the greatest sport men ever, a legend, a genius... Knighthood should've been given since.

I like Haye - but you're going above your station with this. Just stick to boxing, winning and becoming champion.I think that's what's best for career, not seeking attention.

David Haye wants attention for David Haye

Even if he wants attention, it's a Job well done for him to pick up such petition, I see no reason the British aren't giving Ali an honorary knighthood, he's worth even more, he is a legend & was a great fighter. And considering all what he has done even on great Britain's soil

Honoring Muhammad Ali this way is worth decision. Like David Haye mentioned, Ali would be the first Muslim Knight. Haye knows that its a great feeling after he was honored with a doctorate some years back. I support bid of the former heavyweight champion on this.

Sounds good! He would join Sir Henry Cooper in the knighted boxers category.

That's right pal, I think it's fair enough if he's given, it'll help and motivate young boxers, Britain aren't loosing anything by doing the just. He's worth just that, even more. I call it an incentive, I don't really see it as an award

Honoring Muhammad Ali this way is worth decision. Like David Haye mentioned, Ali would be the first Muslim Knight. Haye knows that its a great feeling after he was honored with a doctorate some years back. I support bid of the former heavyweight champion on this.

You right pal,

Thumbs up for Haye on that, job well done. If h succeed it's going to be a plus to his achievements even, and not just him... Britain has a lot to gain from this believe me. First muslim Knight...! That'll pass a great message across.

No offense to Ali, but David Haye is a moron...

... Haye is doing a great job by fighting/standing for a brother, it's a Job welldone. I don't seem to understand why he is a moron, or probably there is a reason best known to you. But in relation to the thread. It's really a plus for him.

An honour whereby one is made into a knight, and one can thereafter be called "Sir " in every aspect he's worth just that, I said that once, I'll say it again, make him a knight, and make people call him "sir"