Leo Santa Cruz V Kiko Martinez

sould664

27-02 @ Honda Center

Haven't seen much talk about this fight, could be because of Frampton V Quigg on the same day or that it's just not that exciting of a matchup.

How do you see this fight going? Does Martinez have a chance to pull the upset?

I'm leaning towards Santa Cruz by UD

Re: Leo Santa Cruz V Kiko Martinez

27-02 @ Honda Center

Haven't seen much talk about this fight, could be because of Frampton V Quigg on the same day or that it's just not that exciting of a matchup.

kiko has already said, on record, if he loses he's retiring...........

Was abit surprised, and disappointed, when this was announced. But, it could be a very good fight. Kiko is a true competitor and will give his best. The styles could mesh well and produce an exciting, tough battle.

Martinez has beaten three journeymen since the disastrous Quigg result.

Would've preferred Santa Cruz to have fought a legit featherweight but should be a crowd pleasing fight.

I got my money on Santa Cruz. He is the better fighter, and I don't see it turning out any other way. However, if Leo in all his frustration and the threat of retiring manages to gather some kind of special motivation for this fight, it might just turn into a pretty interesting matchup.

Ringnews24 will be ringside for Santa Cruz vs Martinez this Saturday, February 27th, at the Honda Center in Anaheim, California. Barbara Pinnell covering the action.

Leo Santa Cruz vs Kiko Martinez Media Conference Call Transcript

Leo Santa Cruz vs Kiko Martinez Media Conference Call Transcript - - Boxing News - Ring News24

27-02 @ Honda Center

I like the guy really (santa), you remember the fight he won (the 126-pound title) a “Fight of the Year” against former three-division champ Abner Mares last August, I think the fight is worth talking about.

Liked Martinez ever since he turned up to Ireland and smashed Dunne to pieces inside a round. That was quite a turn up! Silenced that crowd good and proper, along with the Dunne hype train :haha:

Seems Leo is back to fighting his sparring partners again, and talking about kiko's retiring should he looses is quite a heat booster, I mean it's obvious that statement alone is going to spark up heat among them.

Was abit surprised, and disappointed, when this was announced. But, it could be a very good fight. Kiko is a true competitor and will give his best. The styles could mesh well and produce an exciting, tough battle.

Martinez has beaten three journeymen since the disastrous Quigg result.

Would've preferred Santa Cruz to have fought a legit featherweight but should be a crowd pleasing fight.

Yea, surprised and disappointed, but what can we do,all we have to do now is sit back and enjoy a pleasing bout, I guess... I wish Santa do me proud. Let's go enjoy, let's go watch some punches thrown... enjoy!

Leo Santa Cruz: I’m going to fight all of the top guys

Talks Frampton vs Quigg

Leo Santa Cruz: I’m going to fight all of the top guys - - Boxing News - Ring News24

Yea, that's the spirit man, that's why I like you, don't just fight them, win every bout, do it now! do it again!! Do it forever!!! We going for victory, we going for gold TeamSanta. *chears*

Maybe he's got nothing in the tank, we'll wait and see, and if it's all about the money good for him, all we care for is a fight, I know Santa is well prepared for this one. But Kiko has got that experience. It won't be easy for either, should be competitive enough

Edited by Sammy