Quigg vs Frampton, who wins? & round by round

Ton

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Quigg vs Frampton, who wins? & round by round

Because people like to watch shallow, stage-managed bullshit, so that's what they produce, and doesn't it work well? "Frampton lost the staredown, he's shitting himself,Quigg easy KO" - from the people who brought you "Froch is mentally weak and Groves has exploited that - Froch has lost this fight before he gets in the ring"

Yeah it's more about the show than the sport. Just look at the success of the ridiculousness that is wrestling.

Ringnews24 will be ringside for Carl Frampton vs Scott Quigg this Saturday, February 27th, at Manchester Arena, England. Stuart Bruno Brown covering the action.

All systems go for Carl Frampton and Scott Quigg

All systems go for Carl Frampton and Scott Quigg - - Boxing News - Ring News24

Carl Frampton's technique is superior than Quiggs. He has a better variety of angles, punches and movement too. Quigg is no slouch either and he is quick and strong. But I don't think it will be the fight about power and fitness alone. Franmpton all the way!!!

The closer this fight gets the more I think Frampton's supposed tightness at the weight might be a factor. The knockdowns in his last fight looked very much like the sort fighters suffer when the don't quite have their legs under them after struggling to get down to weight. Whilst Frampton claims it was just complacency, I'm not so sure it was only down to that. There's also an interesting report from Johnny Nelson that Frampton hasn't been sweating in open workouts this week. The fact that there's a 10 lbs rehydration clause for Saturday morning could also make a difference to how big a factor this is on the night.

[h=1]CARL FRAMPTON v SCOTT QUIGG OFFICIAL (FULL) PRESS CONFERENCE W EDDIE HAERN & BARRY McGUIGAN[/h]

[h=1]FRAMPTON v QUIGG (FULL) UNDERCARD PRESS CONFERENCE W/ McDONNELL, BURTON, SHINKWIN LOWE, McCULLOUGH[/h]

[h=1]HEATED FACE OFF!! - CARL FRAMPTON v SCOTT QUIGG HEAD TO HEAD @ FINAL PRESS CONFERENCE (MANCHESTER)[/h]

[h=1]EDDIE HEARN ON BEING CALLED 'A LANKY C*** BY FRAMPTON, TALKS DRESSING ROOM ISSUE AND OFFCIALS[/h]

Yea really, it's great news for boxing lovers in Britain, when confirmed, there will be a thirst of it, and sure it's gonna be one of the best domestic fights in the game, I hope it's "what a time to be alive" bout. Nice one

Edited by Sammy
There was an omission

Re: Quigg vs Frampton is on.......

I don’t think Frampton will KO Quigg maybe a flash knock down in the fight. If Quigg connects and hurts Frampton early in any round then Quigg will not let up and will go in for the kill . Quigg is the man to win.

Personally, I've always thought there has been a gulf between Frampton and Quigg.

Frampton has always fought the better opponents, looked better in victory and has always shown that bit extra in his arsenal.

....Until their respective last fights.

Quigg surprised many by blowing away a guy Frampton had recently struggled with and Frampton suffered a KD en route to a very laboured victory over a mid-level fighter.

Was this just the blip that was needed for this fight to finally go ahead, or did it perhaps show that the gulf I thought existed, infact wasn't really there at all?

It's easy enough to explain the laboured Frampton victory - Gonzalez Jr is tough as teak, pretty heavy-handed and was probably never going to be blown away in the manner many expected.

Quigg's victory over Martinez is difficult to overlook though. Even if you don't want to give him the credit he deserves (Martinez said recently; "I don’t like to give excuses for a defeat, but Quigg had his lucky night against me.In my opinion Frampton is more skilled than him and hit harder. I am always fighting the best opposition and that experience will help me for this fight against Leo Santa Cruz") then at the very least, I think I've been underestimating Quigg's punching power and you would have to give him at the very least a puncher's chance.

The highlighted quote from Martinez is what I still come away with though.

Who better placed than their mutual opponent to make the assessment?

I still believe Frampton to be the far superior boxer in every department, but at least now, if Quigg does manage to take victory tomorrow night, then maybe, just maybe....it won't be quite as much of a surprise to the doubters.

Shinkin started the round with a nice shot, he has fully recovered. Cracking shot from Shinkin with exactly 2 mins left. Burton backing off a little, Shinkin throwing the better shots and landing. Burton landed couple of clean shots at the end but not enough to take the round.

Shinkin 10-9, 28-28.

Shinkin starts the round fast with lots of shots and pushing Burton onto the ropes. Fight gets stopped Burton lands a single shot from a counter, Shinkin is kept up from the ropes and then staggers like chicken legs Khan.

I fought it was a debatable call by the ref. I thought he should of gave him a count as the ropes held him up then reassessed Shinkin. But when you are staggering like he was, then I dont think the ref had much choice but to stop the fight.

Not impressed by Burton at all. So many wild and slow shots, which you could see coming a mile away.

Scott Fitzgerald debut vs Ben Heap 0-1. I thought you weren't allowed to wear shorts that were similar? Fitzgerald looks hungrier and more determined, maybe going for the stoppage to make a statement. Nothing coming back from Heap, looks like he is in there just to survive. Fitzgerald 10-9