Quigg vs Frampton, who wins? & round by round

Ton

Not fully confirmed just yet but it's expected to be announced soon for 27th February at The Manchester Arena.

Great news for British boxing, probably the biggest domestic fight out there available. Think it's a good point in both careers for them to have this fight as the loser can easily bounce back and have a successful career. Also if the fight it close, it could lead to further fights down the road and a proper rivalry over the years.

Looking forward to this one! I like both guys so will enjoy the spectacle rather than pick a side.

12 months ago I'd have backed Frampton to win this, but Quigg has been very impressive and seems to get better and better while we have seen Frampton struggle a bit.

What are your thoughts?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Quigg vs Frampton is on.......

Not fully confirmed just yet but it's expected to be announced soon for 27th February at The Manchester Arena.

Great news for British boxing, probably the biggest domestic fight out there available. Think it's a good point in both careers for them to have this fight as the loser can easily bounce back and have a successful career. Also if the fight it close, it could lead to further fights down the road and a proper rivalry over the years.

Looking forward to this one! I like both guys so will enjoy the spectacle rather than pick a side.

12 months ago I'd have backed Frampton to win this, but Quigg has been very impressive and seems to get better and better while we have seen Frampton struggle a bit.

What are your thoughts?

I'd still favour Frampton even though he didn't look great against Gonzalez. It was his first fight in USA, so you could understand some of the problems he may have faced leading up to the fight which may have effect his performance.

I wonder if fighting in Quigg's hometown (Boxrec has it listed as Manchester, no venue listed) will have an effect on Frampton???

Fielding - Smith, which happens next week is another good match-up on paper Ton.

--- Thought Frampton looked like the goods, but he seems lost in space of recent not to mention struggling at the weight.

Is this in a division above or is he just replicating his previous mistakes of trying to stay in too low of a division for his health? Otherwise I'd plug it as the Brit fight of the year, but now?

I saw it mentioned that this fight will be on Sky and Boxnation- is that true?

I didn't pay much attention to what was being said, but considering what they've flung on PPV previously, they will deffo want this on PPV. If they stack the undercard with "names" they will do that.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't wait for this! I booked my flights and hotel the day it was announced, now I need to get tickets on Friday morning.

I thought it was strange that Sky Sports News didn't cover the press conference today, not even a mention of it!! Especially seeing as it's meant to be on Sky ppv.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Re: Quigg vs Frampton is on......., who wins?

Frampton is far more versatile than Quigg and can change and adapt within a fight. Frampton by TKO in 9.Saunders can outbox Lee for a decision if be fights smartly and doesn't leave his chin in the air. Saunders by UD.:ranger:

I'd still favour Frampton even though he didn't look great against Gonzalez. It was his first fight in USA, so you could understand some of the problems he may have faced leading up to the fight which may have effect his performance.

I wonder if fighting in Quigg's hometown (Boxrec has it listed as Manchester, no venue listed) will have an effect on Frampton???

Fielding - Smith, which happens next week is another good match-up on paper Ton.

I'm also betting on Frampton. The fight against Gonzalez wasn't the best, but it surely isnt his level. Hel'll be beast in this next fight.

I dont favour Frampton as much as everyone else. Frampton cant take a punch and I can quite easily see a Quigg victory. (Not the same as an easy victory).

We can all agree this will actually be a very interesting and close match. I really don't know who I can favour this time. Both Frampton and Quigg are excellent fighters.

I dont favour Frampton as much as everyone else. Frampton cant take a punch and I can quite easily see a Quigg victory. (Not the same as an easy victory).

At the round table they spoke about Frampton hitting the canvas 3 times in sparring.

http://www.koboxingforum.com/showthread.php?t=107496 - Frampton vs Quigg: The Gloves Are Off (Sky Sports)

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Quigg vs Frampton, who wins? & round by round

I think Frampton will start fast as usually, will take the first 4-5 rounds, then Quigg will start landing some shots and will likely take the next 3, before Carl the Jackal storms back and starts beating him to the punch again and ripping to his body. As the shorter man, Frampton's best chance and strategy is to work at the body, try to break the taller man down. Quigg should be focusing on catching Frampton from the outside, naturally, with as many hooks and uppercuts as possible. In the end, I favor Frampton to win but it will be a close fight most likely. May even be a knockdown or two, both ways if it's two, for Quigg most likely if it's one.

Quigg vs Frampton Preview

by Stuart Bruno Brown

Welly, welly well. What a great match-up to warm the cold February boxing hearts of fans around the world.

Two unbeaten fighters. Bad-blood between fighters and trainers. World-wide coverage and even England vs Ireland thrown into the mix, I’m excited to say the least.

One of the major issues with boxing is the lack of ‘The Best vs The Best’ contests, or at least a lack of highly competitive bouts of fighters in their prime. God only know what would’ve happened if Mayweather had fought Pacquiao 5/6 years ago… Quigg vs Frampton breaks this mould and unlike Kovalev vs Stevenson, Canelo vs Golovkin et al this one is set and it’s going to happen before the end of the month.

Read more: Quigg vs Frampton Preview - - Boxing News - Ring News24

I've not followed all the build up, face to face show downs and all the shit that goes with these bigger fights. I fight it all too cringeworthy, but I do see little bits when reported on Sky Sports news and from what I can make of it it's all turned into petty squabbling about Frampton possibly being knocked out in sparring one time. Who gives a fuck, all just hearsay and bollocks anyway. None of them have come out looking very good. Why do they do these shows anyway? What happened to just settling things in the ring??

I'm still 50/50 on the outcome. I like both as boxers. But as with every build up it seems, I start disliking boxers as people with the more air-time they get.

Quigg is local lad to me so I wish him all the best, but I like Frampton and his style and he clearly has talent. I'd edge Frampton just ahead if I was to make a call, but this is a big step up for the pair of them. Really interesting scrap and I'm just glad it's been made and is happening,

Why do they do these shows anyway? What happened to just settling things in the ring??

Because people like to watch shallow, stage-managed bullshit, so that's what they produce, and doesn't it work well? "Frampton lost the staredown, he's shitting himself,Quigg easy KO" - from the people who brought you "Froch is mentally weak and Groves has exploited that - Froch has lost this fight before he gets in the ring"